A dental emergency can happen anywhere at any time, whether it’s a knocked-out tooth from a fall or due to a severe infection. When it comes to navigating dental emergencies, it’s always best to be prepared and know an emergency dental clinic in Perth to call when you need it most.
There are many forms of dental emergencies, so if you’ve experienced trauma in your mouth it’s best to seek the advice of an experienced emergency dentist in Stirling at First Impressions Dental.
Knowing when to make the call is important; read on for a concise guide to dental emergencies, from symptoms to prevention.
Common dental emergencies
As a long-standing clinic with extensive experience as an emergency dentist in Beechboro, First Impressions Dental have provided urgent solutions to a wide range of dental emergencies. Some common emergencies we’ve treated include:
- Knocked-out teeth – often the cause of a sporting accident, lost teeth can be re-implanted if an emergency dentist can be seen within an hour.
- Bleeding – bleeding heavily from the mouth can mean a serious condition or advanced gum disease is at play; a condition not to be ignored
- Abscesses – a discoloured gum abscess means a serious infection has taken hold, requiring urgent care for antibiotic and potential root canal surgery
- Toothaches or a swollen face – a sign of a worsening tooth or gum infection
- Broken crowns and fillings
- Urgent denture repairs
When to visit an emergency dental clinic
One of the most typical reasons for needing to visit an emergency dentist in Stirling is after an accident, or fall. A knocked-out tooth requires immediate care for it to be placed back in, and cracked teeth need an implant or filing to repair them and prevent harm to your mouth.
Persistent pain or sensitivity can be the cause of something more serious, in particular if accompanied by gum or facial swelling. Should you experience severe pain when biting down or with cold/hot foods, call an emergency dental clinic where a helpful team member can advise on the best course of professional help.
Taking care of your teeth and gums
If you experience a dental emergency, remember to stay calm and call an emergency dentist in Beechboro to get the urgent, dedicated care you need. In order to prevent painful oral health issues, it’s important to consistently take care of your teeth and gums.
- Brush twice a day and floss everyday
- Use fluoride toothpaste and a soft toothbrush
- Spit out the toothpaste after brushing but don’t rinse
- Drink plenty of water, and avoid sugary food and drink
- Have regular professional dental check-ups
A reliable emergency dentist in Stirling
With same-day appointments and a dedicated team of friendly practitioners, First Impressions Dental are the go-to clinic for an emergency dentist in Beechboro. With extensive experience in a wide range of dental emergencies, each patient is guaranteed the care they need in an efficient time frame.
Contact us today to book an emergency appointment, or to discuss our extensive range of cosmetic and general dentistry services.