COVID-19 At First Impressions Dental
Complete Perth Family Dentistry
COVID-19 Precautions and Protocol
The health, safety, and well-being of our team, patients and the community is our top priority, and we are committed to doing all we can to limit the spread of COVID-19 within the community.
If you have
- Flu like symptoms such fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
- tested positive for COVID-19 or been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 7 days
then your dental appointment at First Impressions Dental must be scheduled for a time when you are no longer considered a risk.
The First Impressions Dental team has taken a no-compromise approach to our additional protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We request that patients:
- use the Service WA app to check in
- use alcohol-based hand sanitiser to disinfect your hands upon arrival as well as on departure from the practice
- attend appointments alone if possible, although we are mindful of consent requirements and family commitments
- Have their temperature checked.
- Provide us with the correct information regarding any COVID-19 symptoms or close contact with COVID-19 positive case.
- Removed the reception area magazines, so please bring a book or other form of entertainment
- Adjusted seating in the reception area to facilitate social distancing.
- Installed protective shields on the reception to ensure minimal contact with staff.
Our reception staff are regularly disinfecting
- Surfaces and chairs in the reception area
- Telephones, the EFTPOS machine and pens at the reception desk
- All door handles
As dental professionals, we ourselves at the highest risk of exposure, however our protocol ensures protection of both our patients and our team.
Our strict infection control measures target the three routes of potential spread in the dental setting: aerosol, contact and contaminated surfaces.
We have always implemented strict infection control measures including:
- Sterilising instruments for each and every patient
- Using disposable suction tips and instrument covers
- Disinfecting the dental chair, suction cords, instrument control panels, dental light unit and benchtops between every appointment
- Placing protective barriers over surfaces such as headrest, instrument control panels and x-ray units which are changed between every appointment
- Using transfer tweezers to take materials out of drawers during an appointment
(to avoid contaminating the contents of the drawers)
- Our clinical team wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): gloves, mask and protective eyewear
In addition to these measures, we are also
- Requesting patients to undertake a 30-second preoperational antimicrobial mouth rinse with a 0.1% hydrogen peroxide solution prior to commencing treatment
- Using high speed suction whenever possible (reduces aerosol by 95%)
- Using rubber dam whenever possible (reduces aerosol by 70%)
With the COVID-19 precautions and protocols that we are implementing, in addition to our
routine strict infection control protocol, you can rest assured of a safe and clean environment
with every visit.